Bathroom Chemistry 101 ... returns

Here's an ancient blog I wrote on Myspace a while back... but a couple people requested it, so here it is ... enjoy!
*********************************

Bathroom Chemestry 101

It was about 1:30 am when I finally made my way upstairs for bed. I pried myself away from the television long enough to check my e-mail, let the dogs in, and grab a glass of ice water before making the "night rounds"...
food put away - check
cats in - check
lights out - check
children asleep - check
So, after sending the pups to their beds and removing the days jewels, I decided to take a shower. A nice hot cleansing ritual to remove the days dirt and negativity. So ... I'm diggin' this relaxing bath ... washed me ... washed my hair ... rinsed ... and reached for the conditioner ... to my horror, I found that there was no more conditioner!! WHAT?!?!?! How could this be? I bought both bottles at the same time - shampoo and conditioner both 21 ounces ... I use the same sized dollop of both - so why in the hell am I always running out of conditioner first??
So, sopping wet I slid open the stall door and started groping around on the bathroom shelf for some remnant of conditioner that might be left. Meantime I knocked down several containers of body wash, lotion, powder, an empty conditioner bottle belonging to my daugther, when - lo and behold - I came across the tiny bottle of cream rinse I throw in my suitcase when I go somewhere. OH HAPPY DAY! I managed to shake out enough to do my hair for tonight, and at that point... the shower was done.
On my way out of the stall, I had to pick my way through enough plastic bottles to keep the folks at the recycling center busy for days. Now, I'm standing here in my Lion King towel when I get the urge to consolidate what's left in said bottles, and I get to work. It is now a quarter past two.
I find the bottle with the largest spare capacity, remove the lid, and place it in the center of the bathroom sink ... you know... in case I spill. Next, I gather up the remaining bottles (making sure to check under the sink, too) and place them top down on the edge of the sink. Here's where high school physics comes in handy. Just as with a bottle of ketchup, I grasp a random bottle on the bottom (the lid is still on, mind you) and in a "windmill" motion I cause the shampoo to get to the top, quick, fast and in a hurry by way of centrifugal force.
Now --- here's where the chemistry enters ... I have, say, five different kinds of shampoo. Aussie (Au), Herbal Essences (He), VO5 (VO5 ), Sunsilk (SU) and Suave Naturals (Sn) .... soooooo
Au + He + VO5 + SU + Sn =
a hair bomb.
I feel like the redneck version of Madame Curie now, with my brownish-pinkish-blueish gloppy concoction ... no smoke yet, so I must be in good shape.
I imagine one of two things will happen when I wash with this ... either all my hair will fall out, or I will have the most volume, bounciest curls, waviest waves, frizz-free hair on the planet.
But, I'm still out of conditioner ....
**********************************

The good news is, my hair didn't fall out after using it. If I recall correctly, it smelled pretty good. I've recently begun using Regis DesignLine Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner, which is fantastic, albeit pricey.

I also have some nice Skin So Soft bath gel from Avon to help me stink good :)

What's your favorite smelly stuff?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...