Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of Fur!

This past Independence day weekend, my daughter and I made a trip to Wal-Mart that would result in the addition of two new family members...

Outside the pearly gates of Wallyworld, in almost a hundred degree heat, stood a man with a shopping cart... can you guess what was in that buggy of his? Well, I'll tell you... puppies. He said he could no longer care for them, and he even tried to get me to "reimburse" him for what he paid for them (or what he said he paid for them). So, being the soft-hearted, lily-livered sucker that I am, I offered to give them a safe, loving home - but, I would not give him any money. He agreed, and handed over the dogs, who enjoyed the comfort of an air-conditioned car to their new home... They were also covered with fleas and ticks, and had a severe upper respiratory infection (they're all better now).

Sam

 Jack


 Believe me when I say I fully intended to just foster the pups until we found them permanent homes...My family had taken a financial hit because my husband works for a company based in Japan, and his hours were severely cut because of the tsunami in April. (trust me, I feel like a schmuck when complaining about money when the Japanese folks lost everything... but it still hurt.) Luckily, things have picked up for him recently, but any savings we had dwindled to near-extinction.

 So!...  here we are, four months later, and we are still in possession of Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum. Ahem... I mean, Sam and Jack. They have more than tripled in size, which is one of the factors in why we still have them ... people like the little dogs ... big dogs are just so much more difficult to place. Another reason would be that I don't want these two sweet pups to end up as someone's neglected lawn ornaments. One man that works with my husband offered to take them, even though he already had 12 dogs. Yup, you read that correctly... 12. I find it stressful to make sure the pets I have (four dogs, including the pups, and three cats .. oh, and some goldfish) get regular trips to the vet, flea treatments, quality food, and sufficient socializing and attention ... how in the world could someone care properly for 14 dogs?

Anyway, this brings me to my whole reason for writing this blog, today.  To date, Sam and Jack are current on all of their shots, flea free, and healthy ... so, the next step is to get them fixed. Yes, they need to be neutered. The last thing I want is for these guys to make a whole bunch of puppies that need homes, and even though the only female dog I have is spayed, there is always the possibility of them getting loose and makin' a little romance with the neighborhood diva.

The vet informed me today that surgically altering both dogs is going to cost $160 (not including pain management) ... that's a whopping 40 dollars a nut! So, here's how you can help me out... I've got an online shop where I sell my artsy-fartsy things, and I could sure use the publicity. Feel free to browse, and if you can't afford to buy from me (which I completely understand) pass the word on to friends and family. The holidays are just around the corner :)

Here's the link directly to my shop : Ingrid's Butterflies  aaaand, here's my Facebook Shop page

Thanks for reading!

 Jack today

 Sam today

Comments

  1. It's amazing how different they are from each other, while still being so "connected" ... Jack is a people pleaser, very athletic, and a bit more docile than Sam, who is squirrely, cunning, and a little quicker on the uptake. However, they always sleep curled up with the other, play tug of war with the same toy, etc... very close brothers :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...