Oh, for the love of all that is holy.. it BURNS!!

I'm doing my best to keep up with the promises I made to myself... one of which was to spend at least a half hour a day doing some kind of physical activity with the kids. Last night, since it was chilly and threatened to rain, we made use of the Wii, but even modern technology cannot replace a sunny evening in the fresh air - or so I thought.

So, the kids and I took our soccer ball to a baseball field a few blocks away and played a soccer/baseball hybrid (and if anyone knows the proper name for it, please let me know). Basically - with 4 people - one person rolls the ball from the pitcher's mound to the kicker at home base... one person stands between first and second base and another between second and third. Once the kicker launches the ball into outer space he or she makes their way around the bases, while the two basemen catch said ball and try to tag the kicker. If the kicker is tagged, they are out. If they make it all the way around, they get a point. The person with the most points at the end wins. Simple enough. Yeah, right.

Keep in mind, we were playing on the big baseball diamond the young, athletic high-school students use.

To make a long story short, I feel as though I am going to barf up a lung. I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow morning when I try to peel my aching body from the bed. Ah, yes. I can hear the sounds of my children laughing at me already...

Promises, Schmomises.

Comments

  1. Isn't that simply "kickball"?

    And kudos to you for taking the promises to yourself seriously and getting out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought "kickball" was simply aiming a hard rubber sphere at someone elses head? I didn't know there were rules....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...