Somehow I have angered the Gods...

I was truly looking forward to tonight's dinner. A nice piece of baked salmon, with rice and peas ...

As I have always done, I fixed plates for my children before mine - they eat first here. I think, perhaps, this behavior of mine might be learned somewhat from my parents, but part of me wants to believe it dates back to prehistoric times when the young and virile were given the best opportunities to ensure the continuation of the species.

Jeez that salmon sure looked delicious... pink and tender, smelling slightly of olive oil, rosemary and dill ... the rice just slightly sticky and hot, allowing the butter to melt almost instantly....

Alas, it was not to be.

My youngest son, almost six years of age, tripped on his way to the table, and the contents of his plate scattered across the dining room floor. Simultaneously he began to cry and the dog devoured that nice piece of fish.There's no way I'm going to let my son go hungry, so I gave him my plate (I made sure to put it on the table for him).

"Thank you, Mom" he sniffed.

I think this may be penance for not taking the dog for a walk this morning, like I was supposed to. Bah! Karma.
At least there's still some rice left, and a Lean Cuisine I found deep inside the freezer.

Tomorrow, I will most definitely be taking Dexter for walkies...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...