An introduction ...

Introductions... hmmm... a necessary, but sometimes tedious part of life. Let's think of it like the "hump" one must overcome when quitting smoking... the first 72 hours are the worst...


I certainly don't consider myself extraordinary in any way. In fact, I'm pretty much your average American. I live in an average sized town with 3 kids, some cats, a couple dogs and my husband of almost 13 years... I'm a stay at home mom that occasionally takes a college course, and my husband "brings home the bacon" which, unfortunately, I consume at lightning speed which has added to my larger than average waistline. In a nutshell, my life is pretty monotonous.

So, why the hell am I writing this blog? What's so special about me that makes reading this worthwhile? Basically, I've found myself in a rut - just like so many others... most likely you, too, dear reader. So, I begin to explore .... what is it about me that sets me apart? For one, I am a student of all religions, and I follow an eclectic conglomerate of them ... I am not a Christian (or a follower of any Abrahamic religion) which makes me, by definition, a pagan- but not the hippiegranolaflowerchildnodeoderantunshaven kind that most people think of... but we'll come back to that one later. Secondly, I AM a girl who likes pretty things like flowers, perfume, and I look FANTASTIC in pink, BUT I love love love comic book superheroes (Batman first and foremost). For some reason guys really like that about me - go figure. And, to round things off for now, I love to write, and while I'm no Grand Poobah of the written word - I ain't too shabby.

Perhaps it's the onslaught of meaner, greener, leaner information being thrust in my direction - and everyone else's for that matter - but, I'm really beginning to second guess the way I live my life. What is it that I can do to make my life - and the ones directly around me - even better?

SO! I'm on a mission to change ... and, with a little luck, it will be change for the better .... we shall see what we shall see .... the diet starts tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Good luck! I find myself in a similar state of mind, and I'm on a similar mission. Hard work and a lot of effort to keep yourself in the right head-space, but you can't succeed if you don't try, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...