My Hat's Off to You, Fat, Jealous Losers

    I've recently become addicted to Regretsy forums. In fact, I'd say I check the forums twice as often as my Facebook page. Yeah... Seriously.

    For those who don't know what Regretsy is, let me break it down for you. There is an online market known as Etsy, where folks (such as myself) can sell their handmade or vintage items without having to pay huge fees for short-lived listings; where everything is neat, and organized, and in it's place - eins, zwei, eins, zwie, eins, zwie....

    On occasion, you find amongst the products of talented crafters certain items that are... well... not really that great. Trust me when I say I'm trying my best to be a nice person... after all, art is subjective, and one man's trash is another man's collage of seashells and beach junk. Hell - If someone wants to purchase your dead-rat-on-a-hat hairpin, more power to you.

    Regretsy is ... to put it mildly ... a place to showcase those items that just beg for attention. Some have called it cyber-bullying, and whined about folks being mean and judgemental. Well... yeah. Because, this is real-life. If you don't like it, turn off your computer and go back to bed. But, this isn't all that Regretsy is about... oh, no. Deep down inside that snarky shell, lie the soft, chewy centers of folks with real heart...

    As some of you may be aware, my husband and I are going through a divorce, and the children and I have moved back home to Virginia. I'm still in the process of finding work, so things are a little tight around here financially. Therefore, I set a 20% off coupon for my Etsy shop (a shameless plug, I know) and posted in the Regretsy forums for a little assistance. My son wants to go to Luray Caverns for his birthday in a couple weeks, and a sale or two would certainly help. The lovely folks there didn't hesitate to spread the word to friends and colleagues, and I sold some items, and one lovely, generous person donated some money to me to purchase the tickets. I must admit, I was shocked and humbled ... even teared up a little. The real icing on the cake came yesterday in the form of a Dr. Who poster I mentioned I liked in said forum conversation.



    SO! Back to my original statement. I've recently become very devoted to the forums at Regretsy ... I've come to really like the people there... and, not just because they were so willing to help out a complete stranger with a sad story. They'll pitch in for even the smallest requests, like help picking out baby names, ideas for artsy-fartsy projects,  or just some moral support for those who just need to get something off their chest. These people are funny, a little bit sadistic (I kinda like that), munificent, and, frankly, some of the nicest fuckers I've been around in a very long time.

Namaste, Bitches!
:)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...