The Buginator : Part 3 - Samurai Swatter

Well, our dear friend the stag beetle perished by the time my Mom and Dad stopped in after church.

I think he had a heart attack...

At the very least, covered in varnish ala Sixyearoldboy he is well preserved and Mom decided to take him with her to school to show her students. Won't they be thrilled :)

Anyway, I'm sitting here at my computer (of course) with the back door open to let some cool air in when lo and behold! I am visited by a dobsonfly!

!!!

I kid you not.

The sucker landed right on my computer screen and I feel very lucky to not need a change of shorts. Screw the varnish I'm bringing out the big guns... my Familydollarsuperspeedflyswatter 2000 - the orange one.

Whackwhackwhackwhackwhack! The Vorpal blade went snicker - snack!

I think Entomologists everywhere have felt a disturbance in the force....

Bugs BEWARE! fear me....

Comments

  1. Man, I hate bugs. I was bitten by a yellowjacket last night getting into the car to head home from work. He was a big sucker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. I stay away from bees when I can, because I am allergic to them. If I were in your shoes, you'd have to rush me to the hospital....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...