Shiny bug ... UPDATE!!

.... a continuation of "Pew, what stinks"? that I wrote less than an hour ago.

I have found our culprit!

I was mistaken in thinking the bug that Sixyearoldboy described to me was a dobsonfly, when IN FACT it was a stag beetle. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucanus_cervus)

A GINORMOUS stag beetle.

(Don't adjust your monitors, I admitted I was wrong .. .you're not seeing things)

As any writer should do, I print a hard copy of everything I write, including this blog ... it's very anal, I know, but I can't help it. So, I printed and hole punched and reached for my little red blog folder ... lo and behold, there he was.....lurking..... and shiny.....and still alive.

I ran to the kitchen, grabbed some gladware and captured the beast! I am Woman!

But, I didn't roar, so to speak .. it was more of like "ack eww eww omygodomygod eww eww ewwwwww".

I am brave.... sorta.

It's sitting in the plastic container on my front porch right now ... waiting for my dad to come deal with it.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...