BLOCKED!

Writing has almost always been a passion of mine... I'm not including the spaces of time before I could read and write (although, I've always enjoyed stories), or moments of sleep deprivation via newborn babies, or the first several months of playing World of Warcraft when life was all about Azeroth. I've won a couple small awards for my writing in high school, and once had a college professor read my story "Silly Putty" in front of the whole class. THAT was a glorious moment, indeed... Thank you, Mrs. VanLear :)

(Somewhere in a box of papers, said story still exists, and perhaps one day I'll find it and share)

Years ago I began a writing project, which has since been molded and shaped into what will someday be a book - I hope. The idea popped into my head one day, during a "zen moment", and the writing began straight away. In fact, during my mapping process for this story, I've spread what I have so far over the course of four books ... maybe more. The tale has become too involved in its characters to squeeze into a few hundred pages, hence the need to split it into volumes.

My dilemma is this... I've written almost nine chapters of the first installment (unedited, of course), and have stalled. I could throw a great number of excuses out... the kids are home for the summer, and I can't get in the "zone" to write... too much stress... too much time spent on Facebook, Blogger and WoW ... and while those are very true, the problem lies with me, and how I manage my time... What I may do is post what I have of the first chapter here, and try to get some feedback from you, dear reader ... perhaps some constructive criticism may be just what the doctor ordered? Something to ponder...

Until then, best beloved... until then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...