Liar, Liar, fat pants on fire!

A little over a year ago, I published a list of rules for myself - basically a guideline of things I wanted to change about myself. (You can read the entire blog HERE ) Let's just say, I've never been very good at following directions, even my own. I'll break it down for ya ... original rules are in italics

1. The aforementioned rule of only eating at the dining room table (save for the special occasion of eating out with the family)
This one was pretty much null and void when we moved to Tennessee, since we no longer have a large dining room table. We do have a patio set, but the weather is not always cooperative. We often put the children at the small table in the kitchen, and Hubs and I sit... well, wherever.

2. The chore chart will be implemented every day.
The chore chart magnets are still somewhere packed in a box, I think, and the dry-erase board is hanging in my daughter's room, which features rules that she doesn't follow. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

3. I will do at least 30 minutes of physical activity with my kids every day.
Yeah, right. moving on....

4. I will stop whatever it is that I'm doing and help them with their homework - not just checking it when they are finished.
This one I kept up with with more diligence than the others. However, it's summer break, and there is no homework.

5. I will walk Dexter the dog (a.k.a. Fatty four-legs) every weekday morning, instead of going back to bed - weather permitting.
He doesn't mind that I've broken this one - a lot - so I guess if it's OK with him...

6. I will spend some time writing my book every day, whether it's for 10 minutes or 10 hours.
I have spent some time on it, one way or another, but not every day. So... I just bent this one...

7. Online games and social networking are going to have to take a serious cutback.
I haven't spent as much time playing World of Warcraft as I used to. In fact, I've been taking days off here and there - it's very liberating. I have, however, spent a good deal of time on Blogger (but, I consider this somewhat therapeutic, so it doesn't count). As for Facebook... I check it more than I should, and have been recently sucked into one of those games by my mother-in-law.

That's a lot of rules.


I have my own conditions, though....

Ah! "Conditions" ... what a horrible word. I see visions of Napoleon the pig from Animal Farm.

a.) I will NOT give up World of Warcraft. I will, however, not play for 12+ hours each day.
I actually stuck with this one...

b.) If I have to change the way I eat, so does everyone else in this household. I am not a short-order cook, and I don't make special meals to cater to each individual... unless they are sick.
... and this one...

c.) I will not completely give up the foods I like... at this point I'm just "downsizing"
I haven't downsized anything, really.

d.) I refuse to weigh myself. Uh-uh. Not gonna happen.
I waited more than a year before breaking down and getting a scale. It's actually helping a little to weigh myself every day. It's a nice surprise to see that I've lost a little, and a wake-up call when I've put on some. Getting a scale has probably been one of the best conditions I've broken to date.

e.) I WILL allow myself to have something to drink whilst at the computer ... dungeon raids can make a gal thirsty. But, no worries - my drink of choice is unsweetened iced tea.
Because of not having a dining table any more, I eat most of my meals at the computer desk. So, it's kinda my fault, and kinda not.



I see it this way... making all these rules and conditions for myself was a complete waste of time. I suppose since I'm the kind of person who likes to "wing it", I'm better off NOT making guidelines. Meh. I'll figure it out later.

Comments

  1. Yep, I am right there with ya! It is amazing how life gets in the way! One of the reasons I started blogging was to try to get in the habit of writing regularly and as you have seen there is not a lot of regularity there, but I am improving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...