Brats, Zits and Slow Motion

****
This was the first "review" from my other blog, which I've decided to move to a single blog page, rather than having to try to manage two... I posted this one in May of 2011...

****

First, I'd like to put the spotlight on a fairly new product - Johnsonville Original Bratwurst Patties. I have just noticed these in the "burger" section of my grocery store, and had to give them a try. I've always liked J-ville Bratwurst - they're about as close to the real thing I've tasted since I was in Germany, many moons ago. They cost about eight dollars for six patties - the very same amount as the Angus beef burger patties that I usually buy - but I find that they are much larger. My husband started them out on the grill, but we ran out of propane, so they were finished on the stove. They tasted fantastic, but I found the texture a little off-putting... those of you who've had the pleasure of eating both hamburgers and bratwurst will know the difference. They weren't rubbery by any means, but I wholly expected them to be bratwurst flavored burger patties. I'm sure these would be a great addition to the family barbecue, and I highly recommend them. A-

Next, we have Avon's Clearskin blemish clearing acne pads. I've been using acne treatment for longer than I'd care to admit, and my daughter is now a full fledged pimple popper. I must point out that I do not have severe acne - for which I would recommend a dermatologist - but I believe I've had the "normal" amount. I wear makeup on occasion, but not on a daily basis. I do, however, sweat a decent bit when doing anything more strenuous than sitting at the computer writing blogs. I have used pre-soaked pads in the past...namely Clearasil and Noxema, which both use 2% Salicylic acid. Avon Clearskin uses just half that amount, plus the pad is about half the size of its counterparts. It doesn't smell as strongly as Noxema, but it has more of a "medicinal" smell than Clearasil. All three, though, seem to do a bang-up job at keeping the zits at bay. While the Avon pads are small enough to stow away in one's purse or desktop, the are a bit more expensive (about five dollars a jar). I would recommend this product for those who don't like to put a lot of chemicals on their skin. B+

And last for today, but certainly not least, I'd like to bring a little attention to a YouTube channel I've become fond of... The Slow Mo Guys. Basically, it's a few friends who have access to a (very expensive) slow motion camera, and ... well.... get some action shots, and slow them down. There's something wierd and alien about what happens when watching a giant balloon burst under the weight of two men... and it's fascinating to see glass (or in this case, a television screen) break at 2500 frames per second. Something gets lost in the translation here, so I'll just post one of their videos, and you can judge for yourself.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjwO9InuFJk

I especially love the ones featuring Lloyd the cat, as I am a big fan of cats and how they work ... it's almost like watching "Wild Kingdom". I give them an "A", and look forward to future videos from this bunch.

So, there's the first three. If you want me to review any products for you, or you disagree with me, feel free to leave a comment:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...