Achoo! Ouch!

I must apologize for my short hiatus from writing, for those of you who care to read this blog (and I deeply appreciate the ones who do). But, since it's lawnmowingflowerbloomingbarbequesmoke season, my allergies have vehemently protested.

So, for the last few days after torturing myself and the Dexter-dog with a ten minute walk, I take an allergy pill and go back to bed for a few hours. I don't really like the idea of taking medications that make me drowsy - especially if I'm here with the kids by myself. I have this deep-seated fear of the house catching on fire and not being able to function well enough to remove my loved ones from the inferno. Nevertheless, the kids are at school all day, and if I want to breathe for the rest of the day, I know what I must do.

Chemically induced sleep is very odd for me. I actually got to sit on a white, sandy beach with Matthew McConaughey. (Don't worry, my loving husband, we just talked). I did not, however, wake up to the sounds of two growling cats on my bed. Noooooo. I didn't wake up until said cats got into a REAL fight and inserted their claws into my flesh.

On another note, my sweet little kitties are going to get rabies shots today, and I might not even feel sorry for them...

...But I probably will.

Comments

  1. I've noticed the last couple of years that I am a lot more sensitive to cat hair, dust, pollen, etc. than I ever used to be.

    Isn't growing older grand?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trichy Stuff...

Oooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...

This one's for the dogs...